Gain hands-on experience in the field maximizing event recycling, composting, and donation initiatives.
The Green Team maximizes waste diversion through initiatives like these:
- Waste Sorting: We go through each bin to sort the materials properly. We like to coin this as glamorous dumpster diving!
- Bin Guarding: We station at the waste bins to educate attendees about which bin is the right fit. We are always inspired at the engagement of attendees across all ages!
- Sourcing Alternatives: We work with event producers and vendors to find affordable alternatives that can be easily reused, repurposed, recycled, or composted.
- Compost Bins: We divert all food, paper materials, and more. Our partners use our compost to grow fresh, local produce!
- Waste Strategy: We provide signage, bin placement, and more to ensure maximized diversion.
- Venue Beautification: We make sure to leave the event space better than we found it.
Sign up for events based on your availability.
Choose Future Events and we will reach out to you when new events are added to our calendar. Volunteer and staff positions available.
Why join the Green Team?
To whom it may concern, I wanted to take a minute and thank GreenLight Solutions for their participation with recycling diversion in the 2023 Four Peaks Oktoberfest. It was a pleasure to work their staff as they took a hands on approach to divert recyclable items out of the land fill. Their communication before, during, and after the event has been remarkable. With as many events Tempe hosts I look forward to working with them in the future in hopes of an even more sustainable Tempe. - Patrick Saros, Interim Municipal Utilities Program Coordinator, City of Tempe
Greenlight Solutions was our trash cleanup and waste diversion partner for the 2023 Four Peaks Oktoberfest. They did an incredible job of maintaining cleanliness throughout the park and keeping the consolidated trash areas clean and accessible to patrons. Ashley and her crew were great to work with during the event; they were super responsive and able to pivot quickly if needed. Not only did they handle trash cleanup throughout the park, but they also maximized diversion of recyclable materials. Their partnership at the event resulted in 3.4 TONS from ending up in Tempe area landfills. As an event that prides itself on its impact to the City of Tempe, we are proud to have partnered with GreenLight Solutions to drive sustainability and minimize our event's waste footprint. - Keith Lamarre, Oktoberfest Facilities Manager, Tempe Sister Cities
I have worked with dozens of nonprofits, from grassroots organizations to large groups with hundreds of paid staff members, and I have found GreenLight Solutions to be one of the most organized, communicative, passionate and empowering. My interactions with them are varied and include grant writing and on-the-ground landfill diversion efforts to doing pre-event walk throughs and working with them to map out the recycling and composting logistics at events of all sizes. They are truly impressive in that they are always responsive, engaged and open to pivoting with little notice. I can’t say enough good things about them, especially their executive director, and look forward to collaborating with them more in the future as Keep Tempe Beautiful expands their landfill diversion efforts at events. - Dawn Ratcliffe, Keep Tempe Beautiful Board Member - Sustainability and Outreach Chair, City of Tempe